Monday, September 21, 2009

To the Rescue, and Back Into the Light?

Belgian media reports are saying that Justine Henin will announce a return to tennis on Tuesday. Obviously, when and if every "t" is crossed and "i" dotted by a certain diminutive grand slam champion, I'll be posting an official Backspin love lett-... err, I mean "welcome back, La Petit Taureau" proclamation.

In the meantime, considering I have GD jury duty tomorrow, I don't know if I'll be in the mood to fully express myself if a press conference is indeed held on September 22. But, still, if Henin DOES make official everything so many have been expecting for the past week or two, she'll already have come to a certain Backspinner's rescue, turning an altogether crappy day into a better one by more than half.

There's just something in her way, I suppose.





LINKS OF NOTE: "Into the Good Night" (May 2008), The Best of Henin (May 2008)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. She will be back! I'm so thrilled!

What are the chances for Safina and Jankovic or maybe Dementieva to win their fist grand slam title now?

Tue Sep 22, 07:38:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Todd Spiker said...

Well, now they're going to have to learn how to win the big one or else, I guess.

Although, I think the even bigger question might now be, "What of Clijsters' future?" Is she satisfied, and will she be able to put everything together again when everyone is expecting it to happen? She can only be a pleasant surprise once, and she seems to work better in that environment. Hmmm...

Tue Sep 22, 08:13:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home